Friday, May 02, 2008

They Said That?

"I think it's worthy of note that there will be people who certainly will not get contracts who will lose business in this county. I think that's significant. I think it's very important that we take these people into consideration."
. . . . Councilwoman Barbara Fraser

"It makes sense from a lot of perspectives. If it works, it works, If it doesn't work, we won't do it."
"And oh, by the way, in this county right now we do all our business by bid process. It's the lowest, most valued bid. That's how we do business."
. . . . County Executive Charlie Dooley

"I requested that we delay implementation of the districting plan and allow our community to measure our results on our own accord."
. . . . Councilwoman Coleen Wasinger

"It's not about recycling. This outcry in my district has been to the effect of they are not in favor of this trash program."
. . . . John Campisi

"I'm not against recycling but there are other ways to go about recycling that are free. There are drop-off points at schools and churches. I'll probably use my cart for mulch or landscaping or something."
. . . . Matt Jerden of Affton

"Whether we take these carts or not we're going to be billed for a monthly pickup of recyclables. A family of six will have the cans full, but a person living alone, a senior citizen especially, will have nothing. What kind of justice is there to this?"
. . . . Virginia Kozel, of Oakville

"This is typical goverment garbgage. I send my recycleable paper and aluminum cans to churches and organizations who use them to make money. Now the county forces me to pay to have them picked up so that they can make the money that would normally go to these charitable organizations. This is a crock."
. . . . Jeff, South County Journal, Letter to Editor

"I WAS JUST commenting on our free trash containers that we received on Saturday. I live in Affton and I'm for recycling. I just want to let everyone know they're really not free. I called my trash place and they said that everybody is going to be charged $7 a month whether they take them or they turn them back in. So, really, they're not free, plus they had them distributed on a Saturday which is time and a half. And then if the people don't want them, they have to be picked back up, which is a waste of our taxpayers money."
. . . . Anonymous, Letter to the Editor, South County Journal

"Sometimes, when I look at my children, I say to myself, 'Lillian, you should have remained a virgin."
. . . . Lillian Carter (mother of Jimmy Carter)

"Last week, I stated this woman was the ugliest woman I had ever seen. I have since been visited by her sister, and now wish to withdraw that statement.
. . . . Mark Twain

"I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury."
. . . . Groucho Marx

No comments:

Post a Comment